Monday, December 16, 1996

nothing concluded 1


scattered memories
starting to fade
all of my thoughts, on one
nevermore, always left to sort through
the rubble, alone.

shattered hopes
anticipated nothing and all I got
but who will explain
too complicated
my heart can’t understand.

uplifting soul
saw past the roughness, interior clean
quiet spot
holding it for one, won’t say
my purpose unseen.

dirty pages
not filth
just random thoughts, lost not long
before knowing not
knowledge received in a dream.

falling asleep
too tired to work
nothing in it for me
everyone’s blind
to what I see.

falling asleep
too tired to try
won’t push the river, anymore
constructing a dam, crushed
when it breaks.

growing used to the scene
natural beauty
seen in reverse, notice the inner first
attraction all the better
I think.

one may wonder
as I do
how things can get so confusing
romantic eyes see
that which others don’t.

pretty faces
don’t see mine
real people don’t notice me
as real as
I can be.

spotted glass
and a hacking cough
stained digits
but still
want to touch.

where has everyone gone
hiding from my eyes
splendor seen
never returning the sight
too short, can’t see.

wave came with the moon
seen in the night dancing wildly
thinking with my pen, ink stained fingers
cramped with cold, aging daily
nothing concluded...

No comments: