Sunday, August 27, 2017

vacation fire #6 and super fight



     Today started a day that has been planned for months now.  My longest oldest friend, Mark Altieri came down to hang for the day and then stay for the "money" fight tonight.  Aside from my family Mark is the person I have know the longest in my life.  We have known each and hung out for almost 30 years.  

     We had to eat, so we decided at Mark's request to go to an old spot that most Brocktonians know all about.  The Italian Kitchen, a place that everyone in my family loves so much that we buy their stuff for all of our family parties.  Today was a special night because it's been a long time Mark, my bro and I have seen a great super fight in the boxing category.  Growing up we were lucky to have a grandfather who was into boxing.  Historically my brother and I saw many amazing fights.  Hagler vs. Leonard, Hagler vs. Hearns, Pazienza vs Camacho, Tyson vs. Holmes, and so many more.  


     This was a special kind of fight.  Connor McGregor, the two time UFC champion challenged the retired, but undefeated Floyd "Money" Mayweather.  After months of back and forth initiated by a challenge from Connor to Floyd, the fight was made.  It was a boxing super fight and the build up to the fight was epic to say the least.  Connor convinced a huge portion of the boxing fan base that he had more than just a chance to take away Floyd's unblemished record.  

     The fight was better than most imagined and Connor stood his ground, but Floyd has so much composure and stamina and experience in the ring that in the 10th round Connor could not recover and went nearly a minute getting banged around the ring without throwing a punch and the referee stopped the fight.  Winner by TKO the undefeated Floyd "Money" Mayweather!!  50-0!!  Not only was it a great fight but it was a great day.


vacation fire #6


     I got a fire going.  Then we ordered pizza for the fight.  My cousin David came over and our friend Claudio came by and Mat, Kristen and the boys (Nando & GG) were here.  It was a great night and no one regardless of who they wanted to win went home disappointed.  It was a great fight and an amazing night.  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great post!I m love visiting in your blog...i will come back soon
Plots in Ranchi