Wednesday, June 18, 2014

perfect for skipping rocks

a mission to turn
someone else onto
the thinking that
there is a better way
back when I was young
thoughts were simple
ideas stacked up
knock them down
learned a lot and unlearned more
since back then when everything
was simple like the day
and beautiful like the night
and who is writing it down
for people like me
want to think
and that’s exactly what I do
but what am I doing
poetry or random thoughts
no longer filled with anger or sadness
left it in the pages behind
forward progression
the positive struggle
to leave the world a little better
than when I found it
find it still every day and night
knowing most people aren’t thinking
for themselves or about hurting each other
but what do I know where do I go
grew up reading too much
listening to the original street music
as it was born big boom boxes
and even bigger headphones
heavy bass and even played drums for a bit
never dropped the pen though
unless to the page like the needle to a record
simple ideas to end the day
couple of cardinals in the tree
and a family of rabbits in the brush
hardly alone in this place near the still pond
no wind perfect for skipping rocks…

No comments: