Wednesday, April 2, 2014

lunch with the girls

strange coincidences
plague everyday or bless them
depending on how you see things
half full or half empty
the sun is always going to win the battle
must be true because sometimes
it feels like a big hug
but that sounds kind of stupid
until you sit outside
and spring has finally arrived
not quite here yet
filling pages in preparation
for the warm days in the sun
strange coincidences
lunch with mother and her mother
the time of this thought
and her strong belief in angels
can’t say I have ever been touched by one
the supernatural kind I mean
of course by plenty at one time seemed
angelic-like or whatever the term is
haven’t felt the supernatural type
seems like superstition-al to me
and there I go inventing words again
as if I am half supernatural in my own way
don’t get me wrong true desire to transcend
what we perceive to be real
and understand the mind a little more
some might not take the time to think
unless others think it too
who in the world thinks like this
as random and all over the place
out of place in every place
and outside the lines with a big black crayon
carving coincidences of my own
all over these cell walls like a prisoner
of the mind knowing I am not alone
plagued or blessed by many thoughts
that just won’t stop
and an anxiety that is just functional
enough to get through another day
but for now I will enjoy
lunch with the girls… 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice .....notice the time it was posted 11:11 ...

Unknown said...

very nice...maybe you are an angel?

Anonymous said...

I probably am!