Tuesday, April 15, 2014

dreaming fire moon

moon turned red overnight
behind clouds could hear the rain
all night long in the strangest dreams
but this one stuck out
because of its randomness
sand and ocean at my feet
can’t remember taking off the boots
felt the water somehow barefoot
don’t remember walking the bridge
still made it from end to end
part of it being my favorite spot
is the walk across the bridge
thinking it shouldn’t be called
the blood moon it’s reflected sunlight
the color is closer to fire than blood
not to mention it sounds better
this is the dream conversation
within the dream head
woman walks by catching the sights
smoke in the air joins me where I sit
she says the clouds aren’t going to clear
and I think she might be right
invite her to sit and hang in the cloud
a moment realize I knew her as a child
nearly neighbors small world
fire moon still
hear the rain
awake…

No comments: