Tuesday, February 18, 2014

winter numbness

winter numbs everything
twists together
gets buried under cold
layer after layer applied
then peeled once reentry made
any warmth probably accidental
like I meant it
every word heard absurd
but what are they really going to do
on the couch all day
watching what is there
do they have to anything to say
no thought original
and a pill for every bad attitude
each new day brings
never changing because they’d
have to make it and
it’s not dinner time
but I am hungry for some new thought
maybe rhymes rolling dimes
but I don’t need the money or the front
probably put the whole thing in one blunt
won’t smoke to get stupid but to elevate
everything I touch bring it with you
if you are going outside
but they won’t make it far without
the proper paper work or balls to break the law
it’s a little bit funny laughing from the kettle
smoke the pot no thought second
nature first place to travel
inward like eyes when tired
absorbing as much each day
try to learn it up
so really don’t look at me
like that when I put a flame
to it and burn it up…


No comments: