Saturday, November 23, 2013

what do they say

6 hundred forty 7 miles
is a long way away
and if I made the journey
I know I would want to stay
day after day
at night add another day
the calendar the month it was May
seven 5 the year I came alive
the bee that never went far
stayed close to the hive
with an independent mind
looking for happiness the kind
kick back relax unwind
have to rewind
twenty years
before fears
set in of failure and tears
when failure continuously reappears
as I keep on through the years
piling up high
and I get up high
letting thought spill out of the pen
sometimes I don’t have to try
to get up high
probably on the top rung
my wife had a halo
and the whore had a forked tongue
like a snake in the grass
five year mistake knocked me on my ass
if I see the old goat watch me as I pass
about six hundred 40 seven miles
still more smiles
than all of those miles
twenty years later not faded
by sun worn down by rain
no more pain
some days insane in this brain
the thought won’t stop
might never reach a height
high enough to be the top
across the bridge and back
setting sun in eyes
isis underneath spread wings
no disguise
nothing hidden magnetic surprise
clearing some clouds that hang low
when solitude stands up
from where it hid below
until a void created
when isis flew away
thoughts stay
ink marks put down everyday
what do they say…


1 comment:

Unknown said...

They say let go
Onward, come back
ward toward center.
Your winner's ring
Is in the middle ground
Not Newfound.