Wednesday, January 2, 2013

speed up at the top(for the record)


officially dismissed
soon to be back on my feet
at last able to stand
alone without distraction
 
for the record
nothing to slow this roll
speed up at the top
of every mountain reached
topped with ease
anyone in the way
has got to join
the movement or
get out of the way
no other way
 
for the record
no longer going to spend
the time trying to fit into
some mold someone else
created no one interests me
uninspired by liars
happy to tear through thoughts alone
no one makes the rules
never did try to hide
who I am
more of an open book than ever now
take it or leave it at the base of the mountain
on top of which I stand for myself
at last as they laugh and it’s all right
with me as I laugh along too
a sponge that can hold more
than you can even imagine
try it out you have made it clear
knowing who I am
hope that’s just as clear…

No comments: