Wednesday, August 29, 2012

only can


eyes red and burning 
from all the piff that I smoke
most of those around 
look at this kid as a joke
don’t really give a fuck, 
on their words they will choke
won’t always be the dummy 
always burning and broke
strong wind at my back 
leaving weakness behind
let those weaker beat me 
let them fuck with my mind
swearing that this time 
will never again rewind
violent retaliation will still be mine 
and be too kind
don’t need anyone 
on a mission of my own
even in a glass house 
I will throw a fucking stone
been young and down too long 
time to be grown
time to reap the harvest 
of the seeds once sown
don’t need anyone 
to tell me I am the man
standing taller than I was 
I know I am
now on a mission 
no more can’t only can
knock me off my feet 
right back in front of you is where I land…

No comments: