Friday, May 14, 2010

being unheard

far from where I once sat
so much higher in the chair
brought it from where I was
to where I am not satisfied
being unheard as I am happy
with decisions made
and where I have ended up
just as high up at times
lower than ever lack of vitamin D
lack of serotonin on three pills
to make me feel better
about being unheard
as I am walking no one looks
as I pass on the right
or the left it doesn’t really matter
where I have been only where
I am going to be heard and then
all the doubters will line up to apologize
or congratulate whichever comes to mind
all the words spoken to these
silent books revealed at once
could result in an overload of sorts
not something I can’t handle
and I am sure I will appreciate
as I do the sun each morning
when it rises as I higher today
with positive thought
pounding out a path under foot
soldier for the thinking mind
ready to explode when given the chance
to expand I will stand higher
and for longer waiting with every breath
patient as always the patient
they want to study why I feel
the way I feel fine
line between doing okay and being crazy
to think that someday
this voice will be heard…

No comments: