Sunday, April 26, 1998

thought down


seems like I can’t go
anywhere and become a stranger again
do I really mind so much
strawberry jam my mind
full of coffee and thought once
would be enough, but
wrong was the turn
for the worse and sometimes
you never know and then you will
and time for some change
who do they think
they know me
I blend once blue sneakers removed
foot exposed to the world
the corn grows in rows
even when it snows in April
drifting to an escape
from a prison planet
of which you know nothing
and that matters none at all
if that is enough
then stop reading here
if you can cope with the rope
swing 67 thing keep on
because tomorrow is not a promise
an assumption
don’t know that I know
who really cares that much
anyhow way back to the first spot
in the grass where so many
lie overturned under still and blankets
won’t cover feet put on one shoe
and hop back to the point
lost it again
don’t try to understand
still get the chills
when napoleon’s great grand
daughter smiles down on me
brings my crazy neck quite a feeling
and don’t ask and don’t expect too much
too little is always creeping up on me
usually thought down
to another day…


No comments: