Saturday, April 25, 1998

an apology


to those I hurt
however hurt does come
have no right
and an apology
does no  good without
a follow up action
and how I do want to be different
can’t, stuck being me
as much as I can’t stand it at times
sorry and I know it’s just the word
to describe how I feel

looking down the barrel
swinging from the oak
could serve only one purpose
too selfish and sure I could rationalize
can’t waste that much time
got a great model to follow
don’t know how sometimes
when the problems poke their ugly face
in my direction
hard to change a twenty-three year old habit

not proud and won’t get loud
prefer the silence of the room
then the noise starts to pound my mind
a dog I cannot control
and this here apology is in vain
if I cannot act upon it
haven’t cried in such a long time…

No comments: