Tuesday, July 5, 2005

after all it's what i mean

after all this time expired
as he splashes water on his face
to try to come to grips with where
it might be going to be tough
to force himself down behind some screen
if you know what I mean
after all no one ever asked him what he meant by meditation as blunt
as he can be sitting under and in front of fans
trying to keep cool under all these humid nights
maybe you know what I mean
after all have turned the page on tonight
closed eyes until tomorrow comes naturally
nothing is forced to be anywhere but where it is
do you know what I mean
and what if he came at you
without warning blazing thoughts
pens switch hand ambidextrously penning thoughts
others may never stop to notice just as powerful
as the smell of roses
do you know what I mean
after all it's what I mean
to say and somehow get off track
like a runner with somewhere else to be
reality strikes twice him then me
what do I mean
after all of us is all he must trust
nirvana or bust
a drawing of inspiration
drawn but more
after all is said and done
it's what I do it for
do you know what I mean...

No comments: