Sunday, August 15, 2004

nothing concluded 143

voices in the dark
not my own
or any I recognize
out staring any ghost
in the dark

disappointed because
I live less than one hour
from more than one beach
and haven't visited
yet this year

room to room
searching for one
moment of silence
none to find
out it doesn't exist

alone for so long
forgot how to live
with another
thinking being
and much more

beautiful than I
nothing concluded
as always
light shining bright
from that spot

an interconnected
illumination
it's what one might
see when two
together endlessly

nothing concluded
probably not
the most appropriate
but it signifies
the continuation process

and it doesn't matter
how long it might take
days months years
still
nothing concluded

and so much
learned and stored
and shared
two ends of the same rope
untied waiting

nothing concluded
another thought
rising to the top
like bubbles around
the ice in your soda

the dog joins me on
the porch for some
smoke having no idea
nothing is concluded
barking just the same

just so he can
be loud
I swear he only barks
to hear himself
sometimes...

No comments: