Thursday, September 12, 2002

work another day away

and most of the time I am
my own worst enemy
constantly critical
over nearly every bump
call it a mountain and difficult
facing it proves easy sneak
a moment for myself
and waste it staring
into a blank book
filling it up with leftovers
from n Ohio call out of nowhere
coming somewhere at some point
reaching a comfort zone
missing the face of dawn
a new day's thought
little or no smoke today
to speak of above or below
the perfect three days
remember march two thousand
wished for the end of loneliness
replaced momentarily dawn's
shine woke me each morning
still my own worst enemy
not so alone take a step away
from the edge of whatever I might be
this time around dawn may be
the only witness nobody knew
but nobody asked
so it's no wonder to me
silence follows hours of workplace chaos
watching as they constantly
come and go sirens blare and engine
race getting closer to here now
then right on by thinking
of dawn he will already be back
at work another day away...

No comments: