Monday, August 10, 1998

not much longer


man with blue socks
small child, chicken pox
blue sandals looks at me
wind can only bend the tree
metal box so much noise
another child cries for toys
picking scabs on a bruised arm
sitting quiet doing no harm
fat lady wearing a long black shirt
these working hands start to hurt
carriage filled with so much food
she looks at me with an attitude
no smiles seen at almost four
right outside of the stores front door
another minute or two I will sit
look at the car upon which the bird shit
it doesn’t know what a mess
owner comes out laughter I must confess
I saw the bird and didn’t think twice
parking near a dumpster rolling dice
checker taxi almost hit the girl
wearing a blue dress hair in a curl
so much to see at work today
so many thoughts turn blue skies gray…

No comments: