Thursday, March 19, 1998

apparently no mess

according to many
and many agree
the terms outlined below
hiding under the guise
so skillfully created
something no one might
enjoy the quiet
from now on words will not pour
from my mouth
the sky screams
with drenching rain
soaking some while the rest stay dry
and I vow
that thought I am soaked
holding no grudge
for those who do not
see as I do
from this moment forward
and so much better
to keep the thoughts to myself
sheltered somehow
no one can destroy my thought
if I do not let them out
lately, every thought
dismembered
distorted and finally dissected
mistook cut up and finally destroyed
what's left
nothing but the words
whirling wildly
making no sense at all
and I the fool again
over and over
until I cannot gather what was
and what now is
and make it make sense
broken glass shards
on the floor
had I been holding a stack
of plates, torn pages
wet from the rain
had I been carrying a book
paint all over everything around
carrying buckets of colors
luckily they are only words
and that way no one appears to be harmed
apparently, no mess
and I am still cleaning up
what is left
because no one sees the mess
but nothing could be further from true. . .

No comments: