Sunday, January 25, 1998

know for now

125/1998


letting it cool
the hot spot
myself from a far off place
my hands flat on the table
may not hold my weight
a moment, I will return
onto a road I do not know
what tomorrow may bring only
what you need
to read carefully to see
the white beneath the black
lines forming words
fitting together like a puzzle
that was left unfinished
thoughts return someday
an answer may come
closer so I can explain
the vague description given
names to all those things
just don’t make sense with words
will work hard and you will succeed
in the spot where I sit
for now someday though not here
the siren sound
so loud it is not as bad
as it seems
less real when thought about
time for a change
the way you think today
only one in a line of many
more to come
closer for a moment more
than what I know for now. . .

No comments: