Friday, June 13, 1997

another day

turn the page and check me into the local nut
house you don’t think me crazy
going cross-eyed with so many people and I never
did like lobster even before the sun burns its name
on band aids don’t know the score and          
though you’re far away can’t imagine how
hot the weather is where you are
creativity has left me like the horse
that left me at that old saloon in El Paso
didn’t mean to start such an
uproar the bartender treated me like a mirage
I showed him the time shift theory
just a theory and the world is doomed to destruction
why would time shift why would we go
back in time
and December seventh
not an important date
never thought Joe was insane
now I know he is simply reciting
one misquote after another misquote
bible passages it makes me angry that
young people are listening to him
call him brilliant
why can’t people see through his babble
think for themselves and listen to words
he (Joe) is warping the already warped
view of life and death-
the view he has that makes me laugh
we have no choices in our life—
believing in anything shuts the mind off
from thinking further on this certain thing      
that one chooses to believe and that mind is
no longer functioning and is clinically dead-
I need to leave this spot
cannot deal with the last part of his speech

about the devil and evil, I don’t need it today...

No comments: