Saturday, February 1, 1997

nothing concluded 26


the sky above
holds no answers
as I find myself
stuck again gazing
thought explodes
 
falling in and
out of sleep
or is it confusion
or some other
delusional state
 
things getting hectic
and breaking apart
at the seams
and what seems genuine
is not
 
see me soar
high above
but below
my mistakes still burn
nothing concluded
 
the familiar  scream
of the horn man
plays for my ears
and helps in an escape
attempt from the mind
 
feeling the spot
on the arm
of another artistic hand
it’s as if I could feel
a heart beat through this glove
 
one minute the eyes are
closed and then next
moment thinking I was
caught in another dream
nothing concluded
 
letting myself go there
and was I alone
the hair on the back
of my neck
stands on end
 
heard the words wrong
or just not spoken with
a genuine tone
spoken softly
as if the words might
 
disappear into the cloudy night
putting these thoughts to rest
next to a different light
now as darkness
has been all that I have seen. . .

No comments: