Monday, February 10, 1997

brother crying


sometimes feeling as though
cannot make it to another day
and night comes
darkness brings all of it's joy
and sorrow and walking into
my guru's tears
shattered for a moment
standing in disbelief
in a moment doubt
all that has been learned
seeing only happiness
flash before my eyes
sometimes feeling as though
might not make it to tonight
and the sun hides
an ocean of emotion
only minutes passing in the mind
everything in new light
what happened and what did I miss
how did the east wind blow home
this sadness here in the heart
of my teacher-where did the smile go
how long until confusion clouds clear
sometimes feeling as though
tomorrow will never arrive
my own light needed now to light
the darkened hallway
many times my guru lighting it for me
under the weight of the sky and
millions of stars I want to take it from him
whatever it is that weighs more that
his coat sometimes feeling
as though the sun will never rise
and then darkness becomes our light
guru in tears something I hardly remember
but will never forget my brother crying. . .

No comments: