Saturday, December 31, 2022

story of Sunday

I seem to retell myself the story

Of Sunday morning

After church and going out to breakfast

To my grandparents’ house

I would always wonder upstairs

to the spare room which once was my dad’s

there was also a magazine rack in the bathroom

although I had never seen

anyone other than family go upstairs to that bathroom

only 2 massive magazines held the spot

and every week I would take them

into my dad’s childhood room and flip through the pages

Time magazine 1969 man’s first steps on the surface of the moon.

Looking back its crazy how interesting it was to me then

None of my friends cared much about it

I would ask my dad and my grandfather all about it

Such a feet to accomplish and

It was amazing to me how they made it look so perfect

for the cameras and the history of it all

Trying to understand why it happened and then it stopped

As I got older my Sunday morning story changed and always changes

Tomorrow it will change as well

Bouncing into a new year

Wondering now what might

the breakfast conversation be about this week?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you posting your thoughts again 😊