Wednesday, February 1, 2017

same kind of sunshine

sit back with my cone
like a kid with an ice cream
well not anything like that
but it came out like that
when I put the pen to the page
afternoon sun melts
what is left of the snow
the green grass pokes through
visions of spring minus
the twenty-five degree temperature
somehow sunlight still manages
to turn solid to liquid
before eyes as I sit back
put flame to the cone
soon to hit the sit still zone
saw my dad sitting pensive
and asked what he was thinking
he said sometimes I sit and think
and sometimes I just sit
watching a neighborhood beach ball
blow around in the wind
without direction
only the fences keep it trapped
in the corner probably
be gone by the weekend
if that long sit back
with my cone diminishing
in the same kind of sunshine...

No comments: