Wednesday, November 12, 2014

daylight fades

they give it because it’s known
that I can take it
almost expected at this point
something would seem off
if things were any different
knowing how to walk through
the fire helps the burning feeling
ease away I know they all care
but sometimes words are all I hear
when the days gray finally gives way
to an hour sun give that hour
to my son if I had one
but my only progeny are these words
and thoughts they will fade
behind the house
my spot in the shade
garden empty now season
to rest before rebirth
on the other side of winter
still more than a month off
old thoughts reborn too
blowing all the dust off
old books making room for the new
got a room with a view this time
taking mine with patience
rising and using the night to extinguish
any negative with positive
in these eyes…

No comments: