Friday, October 31, 2014

somewhere I can think

who knows what
the night will bring
sirens and marching band drums
in the distance and the silent sound
the wind brings with it
brought me to this spot
something nice about my born town
no matter what anyone says about it
people live in fear of what they think they know
nothing about playing drums in Champion Day Parades
when the Marvelous One rolled through town fresh off
another big win still too young to appreciate
old enough now realizing the significance
who knows what this night will bring
chill as this night settled in
and grounded leaves can’t keep the cool breeze away
but I know she is cold never was cool
lying under foot now hear the crackle as I walk
a little taller shedding all that dead weight
flashbacks seem to be under control
wrong decisions all forgotten
now where was I going exactly
before I got de-railed exactly
no where important
better off now right where I am
somewhere I can think…

No comments: