Friday, October 10, 2008

ten ten

literally standing up as straight as I can
despite the situation at hand
shaking as I write handwriting not nearly as neat
as it once was sometimes my thumb goes completely
numb as they investigate everything I have
or have not done in seventeen years of service
where will I turn when I am done spinning circles
how dizzy can one man get the news and
it may be no relief that will only come from above
in the cloudless sky it's Friday
it is quite predictable but no one saw it coming
literally hanging myself for every wrong move I have made
falling from some pedestal I put myself on when
I knew the right thing to do in nearly every situation
stuck in limbo don't know which end is up or down
below the lowest branch on the tree
wishing for some wind to put out its misery on me
before noon when some sort of decision may in fact be rendered
and if there is evidence and admission of three dollar guilt
what are the judge and jury waiting for
the train whistle blows from about a mile away
sitting perplexed at the pond an hour now
drowning in doubt wishing on forgiveness...

No comments: