Monday, May 23, 2005

but better

it's not the same as if I were
at some café somewhere
bean town or the apple
Crestone or Amsterdam
it's the same hand holding the pen
not likely the same moleskin
it's possible anything is possible
under the cover of dark and clouds
and two out of three ain't bad

it's not the same as it once was
merely one or two years ago
my own wooden table
same table my grandfather
used to sit at not some crappy booth
with gum stuck to the bottom of the table
lit as I desire not some heat lamp
and smoke stained glass windowed walls
on two out of four sides

it's not the same Brocktown I once knew
a spot where I could sit for hours
and no one would even know I was there
used to sit out on the front porch even in the rain
back then in solitude there
as I am here out on the back porch

it's not the same
and I am glad for that
it's not the same but better
no matter who you ask and what they say
everything about what I do is better
it's not the same it's better
than any wish list fulfillment
or dream dotted together in some journal...

No comments: