Monday, August 26, 1996

it is enough

fiending for a familiar voice
that sweet beautiful noise
in ears ring them bells
inside the heart peace now dwells
much to do yet I sit and write
not once regretting a wonderful night
all at once rushing nowhere
down is now up and I am now there
at the same time I think I am still here
pain drifts away take with it fear
that place of tranquility is where I am going
the direction is harder for me to be knowing
accepted and time now to enjoy
remembering the days in this story of the boy
much anger and fear he has had
seemingly in control and embracing what is sad
now it's what you think the opposite of happy
lack of happiness for too long and then it slapped me
right in the face it's in our rule
not that you could learn that in school
reaching deep and look what can be found
nothing came when looking around
missing the point it was inside
and inside another no need to hide
NAMASTE honoring the light within you
knowing it's there the in the clouds I see right through
and seeing the stars and the full moon
no rush for that it's only noon
breathing each breath knowing the mind free
the rock that doesn't move even the tree
sway with each word the wind does speak
everyone's strong no need to be weak
nothing will break if it is willing to bend
you'll never lose me if you are a friend
find yourself daily or even a clue
one step at a time as if feet knew
where it is we are all going
no reason no rocks no need to be throwing
the past is forgiven not forgotten
some shines while some of it is rotten
embracing it all with the same arms
now letting it go watch as it calms
all of the waves that were so rough
enjoying the peace and that is enough. . .

No comments: